Atlanta Natural Hair Care Professional (ANHC Pro)
Georgia Professional Licensing
Hair care professionals who are not state licensed barbers fall under the governance of the Georgia Board of Cosmetology as follows:
- Any person who performs any one or more of the following services for compensation is considered a Cosmetologist or Hair Designer and falls under the governance of the Georgia Board of
- Cuts or dresses the hair
- Gives scalp massages or scalp treatments with oils or creams and other preparations either by hand or mechanical appliance
- Singes the hair
- Shampoos the hair
- Dyes the hair
- Does permanent waving of the hair.
- Any person who ONLY braids the hair by hairweaving; interlocking; twisting; plaiting; wrapping by hand, chemical, or mechanical devices; or using any natural or synthetic fiber for extensions to the hair does not currently fall under Georgia Board of Cosmetology governance.
Hair care professionals who are not liccensed cosmetologists of hair designers fall under the governance of the Georgia Board of Barbers as follows:
- Any person who teaches or paractices "barbering".
- Shaving or trimming the beard
- Cutting or dressing the hair
- Giving facial or scalp massages
- Giving facial or scalp treatment with oils or cream or other preparations either by hand or by means of mechanical appliances
- Singeing the hair
- Shampooing the hair
- Dyeing the hair
- Permanently waving or straightening the hair